Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Brazil

It's been a while since I have posted. I didn't do any traveling between January and July of 2013, at least nothing worth talking about, therefore I did not feel compelled to write during this time. Now, I have resumed my nomadic nature and have embarked on what will be a multi-year traveling adventure. Since August 2013 I have been to the Yukon, Alaska and I am now in Brazil for a total of nearly two months. I would like to post about Brazil first, but I will describe my adventures in Yukon and Alaska because, although short trips, they are certainly well worth talking about!

I have been doing a lot of climbing, hiking, waterfall-visiting and learning Portuguese since arriving in Brazil at the end of August. I am lucky enough to have a local as a tour guide who has taken me to Pirenopolis, Chapados do Veadeiros and surrounding areas so far where nothing but magical scenery and people reside. Details to come regarding each of these places.

Classic Cerrado ecosystem Brazil is so well known for. Outside of Pirenopolis.


Chapados dos Veadeiros: One of the oldest geological sites in the world where quartz rules the landscape -both a fantastic climbing substrate as well as a reason for spiritual people to gather here from all over.



Climbing in caves in Belchior




2 comments:

  1. Yay for resuming the blog! I want to do climbing in caves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you carry climbing gear with you? Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete