Sunday, October 21, 2012

I'm back...for now

OK, lots to tell, little time. I have been away from the blog for a number of reasons for which I will leave until another post perhaps. Since my last post I have been to Guatemala, Tortuguero, Ometepe, Canada, England, and back to Costa Rica again. I am currently living on my own in Santa Rosa chasing monkeys when I'm not analyzing data and writing my masters thesis. I could not wish for a more perfect write-up setting than alone in the jungle (in a house, for logistical reasons). I saw an ocelot the other day and could see a number of things as soon as I wake up in the morning and open my bedroom door, such as tinamous, anoles and "venados" or deer. Right now, as it is nighttime, my front porch is lit by moonlight of the Disney-movie variety opaqued by hazy clouds, but large, half crescent and horizontally posed steaming through the mist. The frequency of insect songs is high and constant but punctuated by calling nightjars. I can't believe I eventually have to leave this place.

I hope to provide you with details of my adventures in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment