Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Late Wet Season has arrived


The forest is changing once again. Finally I am seeing the changes from the early to the late rainy season that I have heard of for so many years. The rivers are flowing, the forest is teaming with GREEN and all of my clothes and belongings smell of mould -I love it all!

Sitting on the mouldy couch, reading papers, writing, constructing presentations, I hear evidence for monkeys nearby. The audible evidence is water falling from branches the spider monkeys are using to swing from tree to tree! The photo I have here was taken from the monument on top of a hill looking south. I captured one of the spider monkeys hanging from the tree staring out at the view. Man, I'm going to miss casually seeing those guys as well as most other living things in this jungle as I sit on the couch doing work...

No comments:

Post a Comment